Fellowship programmes Advisory Board
Friday, 19 February 2010 01:38
The CSDG Fellowship Programmes are supervised by an Advisory Board that comprises eminent scholars and practitioners in the field of peace and security. These programmes include both the UK Department for International Development funded CSDG/ECOWAS MA Fellowship Programme and the Sigrid Rausing Trust funded Peace and Security Fellowship Programme for African Women.
The majority of the Advisory Board members have been involved in the fellowship programmes since their conception. The Advisory Board was selected to ensure gender balance as well as adequate representation by both security practitioners and academics, and meets on a regular basis.
The members of the Advisory Board are:
- Professor Ademola Abass, Head of Programme and Research Fellow in Peace and Security and Capacity-Building at the United Nations University Comparative Regional Integration Studies (UNU-CRIS), Bruges
- Dr Charles Alao, CSDG
- Dr Abdel Fatau Musah, Conflict Prevention Adviser, ECOWAS
- Professor Mohamud Jama, Director of the Institute of Development Studies at The University of Nairobi
- Alice Urusaro Karekezi, Centre for Conflict Management, Rwanda
- Gladwell Otieno, Vice Chair of the Board- Executive Director, Africa Centre for Open Governance, Nairobi
- Comfort Lamptey, UN DPKO
- Zeedah Meierhofer-Mangeli
- Dr Godwin R. Murunga, Lecturer, Department of History, Archaeology and Political Studies, Kenyatta University
- L. Muthoni Wanyeki, Executive Director, Kenya Human Rights Commission
- Dr Medhane Tadesse, Center for Policy and Research Dialogue, Ethiopia